Job Type: Part-Time with possibility of Full-Time
Schedule: Part time position, 1st shift hours with possibility of full time.
Location: Medina, Ohio
Intervention for Peace is searching for passionate, creative, and motivated individuals who seek to make a difference in their community! If that sounds like you, please consider applying for the role of a job coach. You would have the opportunity to work alongside adults with developmental differences at Spokes Café as you serve the community together. This role supports our mission of providing employment to adults with DD so they may build their vocational and social skills to take on a competitive work role in our community!
Job Coach responsibilities include:
- Providing supervision to individuals within the vocational siteTraining on each task within the vocational site
- Training on social skills including customer service
- Support and empower individuals to complete work-related goals
- Document attendance, progression towards goals, services provided, and unusual incident reports.
Additionally, this role includes maintaining the vocational site, Spokes Café. This includes:
- Ensuring basic maintenance is complete weekly, notifying program manager when routine maintenance of equipment/building is required, and keeping up with seasonal maintenance.
- Completing inventory
- Placing supply orders
- Submitting café deposits to program manager
- Following food safety and health department regulations
The job coach is responsible for transporting individuals to and from work in the company van. This includes documenting miles, individual attendance, and completing daily inspections.
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Experience working with those with developmental differences
- Skills including: customer service, serving, cash register, food service, barista
- Experience working in a management role
- Weekend availability